Here’s a summary of what’s happened in the last week (and a bit).
- 40+ emails from Volunteers. I’ve tried to make contact with everyone, if someone hasn’t heard from me yet, give me a nudge via the email (helpingsmallbizonline ‘at’ gmail.com)
- Coverage from Huffington Post
- First piece of content ready to publish – thanks John!
- Many volunteers working hard to spread the word – helpingsmallbiz.co.uk is getting out to local Chambers of Commerce, Institute of Directors, various growth hubs and more!
- Coverage from Search Engine Land
So a busy week, but the main thing is we’re helping the first businesses who have been reaching out.
Some of the things we’ve helped with so far:
The question I’ve been asked a lot this week is “what can you help with”? Well, between myself and those who have volunteered their time/support we can help in a number of different ways!
Here are a few examples from the last week:
- Setting up a free SSL certificate for a charity who was otherwise facing (overinflated) invoices to have it done. Using Cloudflare (which is free/awesome).
- Provided some advice to musicians starting with Wix – showing them how to provide member-only access to content so they can continue their classes.
- Helping a self-funded start-up understand how best to approach the market with a new invention – their previous marketing investments were flattened by current circumstances.
- A lot of sharing teleconferencing/webinar software options.
Some (overdue) Shout-outs
If you’re based in the US or Australia I strongly advise you to reach out to them whether you’re a business in need of support or someone willing to offer their time.
A Huge Thanks
Huge, huge, huge thanks to everyone who’s reached out over the last two weeks.
There’s a lot of bad news out there at the moment, but so many of you are will/ready to help be the ones to make some good news for others.
Keep it up, we’re all in this together!